In November 2015 a code of recommended practice was issued for Parish Councils with an annual turnover not exceeding £25,000. The code came into being as small Parish Councils are now exempt from external audit of accounts and the government’s desire to place more power into citizen’ hands to increase democratic accountability.
In summary the code requires the Parish Council to publish the following:
- Annual Returns
- Annual Governance Statement
- End of year accounts
- Councillors and Responsibilities
- Longney and Epney Parish Council Certificate of Exemption May 2018
- Longney and Epney Parish Council Exercise of Public Rights 2018
- Longney and Epney Parish Council Internal Audit Report 2017_2018
- Longney and Epney Parish Council Section 1 Annual Governance Statement 2017_2018
- Longney and Epney Parish Council Section 2 Accounting Statements 2017_2018
- Annual Governance Statement 05-Jun-17
- Accounting Statements 05-Jun-17
- Declaration 05-Jun-17
- Notice of commencement of period 05-Jun-17
- Income and Expenditure >£100.
- Agenda for meeting – not less than3 days before meeting.
- Papers for meeting – not less than 3 days before meeting.
- Draft minutes < 30 days post meeting.